If you’re a youth in Sri Lanka looking to earn money, here are a few tips that you can follow:
1. Identify your skills: One of the first things that you need to do is identify your skills. Determine what you’re good at, and see if you can use those skills to earn money. For example, if you’re good at marketing, you can consider freelance part time jobs such as Neermai.com. They provide a wide range of services, which you can choose yours and start earn money from home or even if you are working or study some where else.
2. Look for online job opportunities: There are many online job opportunities available for Sri Lankan youth, including data entry, graphic design, and social media management. Check online job portals such as ikman.lk, jobsdirect.lk, and topjobs.lk to find job openings that match your skills and interests.
3. Consider starting a small business: If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, you can consider starting a small business. Look for gaps in the market and try to fill them with your products or services. For example, you can start a home-based bakery, an online store selling handmade crafts, or a tutoring service.
4. Take advantage of the gig economy: With the rise of the gig economy, there are many opportunities for Sri Lankan youth to earn money through platforms such as Fiverr, Upwork, and Freelancer. These platforms allow you to offer your services to clients from around the world, giving you the flexibility to work from home and set your own rates.
5. Learn new skills: In order to stay competitive in today’s job market, it’s important to keep learning new skills. Take advantage of free online courses and tutorials to improve your skills and knowledge. This will make you more marketable and increase your earning potential.
In conclusion, there are many ways for youth in Sri Lanka to earn money, both online and offline. By identifying your skills, exploring job opportunities, and staying up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies, you can increase your earning potential and build a successful career.